GTA Civils & Transport specialises in the preparation of Flood Risk Assessments (FRA) and other associated documents, including Hydrology Reports and Flood Warning & Evacuation Plans / Flood Response Plans.
We have an outstanding track record; since January 2010 we have issued over 1000 FRA reports, with a success rate of over 95%.
GTA Civils & Transport has been successful in obtaining approval for particularly difficult projects, including those lying within areas prone to coastal or river flooding. Surface Water flooding is increasingly being treated as strictly as river flooding and we have had numerous successes with these challenges.
We are happy to provide advice on the proposed levels and positioning of buildings in order to maximise the chances of success for our clients, both in relation to Local Planning Authority or Environment Agency approvals and to ensure the long term health and safety of the sites’ occupants.
Our appointments have been many and varied, including projects comprising dwellings, commercial, retail, education, public assembly and worship, industrial and agricultural components. We have helped clients obtain planning permission for new builds, extensions, change of use and divisions (where a single dwelling is split into two or more flats – or HMOs).
FLOOD RISK SERVICES
- Flood Risk Assessments to comply with NPPF
- Flood plain compensation Schemes
- Sustainable Drainage Systems (SuDS)
- Sewer and watercourse diversions
- Surface and foul water drainage strategy
- Attenuation and storage design for the peak 1 in 100 year storm event (plus 30% climate change allowance) using MicroDrainage software.
- Soakaway design to BRE 365
- FRAs to comply with current legislation and guidance
- Flood response plans
We would be very pleased to provide initial informal advice on the requirements of your Flood Risk Assessment. Please call us on 01444 871444 or send an enquiry via the form on the Contact Us page.