GTA Civils & Transport was commissioned to provide a Travel Plan and Monitoring Scheme for the development of 2,200 residential dwellings and 21,000m2 of commercial floor space for the Bishop’s Stortford Field development in North Bishop’s Stortford.
GTA has liaised with Hertfordshire County Council (HCC) and East Hertfordshire District Council (EHDC) in order to agree monitoring proposals for the site, journey forecasts and travel plan aims and measures in order to lower the volume of traffic produced by the development. This has been done to minimise congestion to the existing road network, encourage healthier travel choices, minimise the environmental impact of the development and create a more attractive a liveable neighbourhood for residents and employees.
Trips forecast where agreed with HCC and EHDC prior to the commencement of development and travel plan measures and aims where also agreed. GTA Civils & Transport has produced Travel Packs for the development and agreed a residential framework travel plan. GTA Civils & Transport will operate as the travel plan co-ordinators for the initial period of the travel plan and will provide information and advice for residents and developers as required for this period.
An ATC was installed on the initial site access in September 2018 and occupation of the site started from November 2018. The full Bishop’s Stortford Fields Development is expected to be completed by 2023.
- 8 travel plans: Framework Residential Travel Plan, Framework Commercial Travel Plan, and one travel plan tailored to each of the 6 site development phases.
- Travel Packs for new residents and businesses on site.
- Agreeing travel plan measures, aims journey forecasts and monitoring with County and District Councils.
- Assuming the role of Travel Plan Co-Ordinator for the initial period of the site Travel Plan.
- Installation of ATCs at all development site accesses to monitor traffic levels.
- Phased monitoring reports as agreed on the S106 agreement for the site. These will indicate how the travel plan is working and identify any required improvements or updates.
OTHER GTA PROJECTS
Kemsley Housing Development, KentView More
Bishop’s Stortford Fields DevelopmentView More
Brooklands Approach, RomfordView More
Storrington Medical Centre, West SussexView More
New Housing Development, HoramView More
Ashdown Forest Traffic ImpactView More
Charlton Riverside Shopping ParkView More
White Sands, CamberView More
Eden Centre, High WycombeView More
College Campus, Leighton BuzzardView More
Picket Piece, AndoverView More
North Bexhill Access Road (NBAR)View More
|Client:||Ellipsis Land (Representing Bishop’s Stortford Developers Consortium)|
|Location:||Bishop’s Stortford, Hertfordshire|
|Year Completed:||Ongoing from 2018|
|Developers:||Persimmon, Bovis, Taylor Wimpey and Kier|